Building a class schedule can be one of the most challenging and exciting parts of the enrollment process.
Steps for Success
- Academic Advisors are available at all MCCCD campuses to assist you with enrollment and identifying courses to meet your academic goals.
- Rio Salado College is on a block academic calendar system, so, if you are seeking a degree or certificate at Rio, all of your classes for a term must be completed within the block’s start and end date. Learn more at Rio's Block Calendar FAQ.
- Good time management is a key to college success. When deciding how many classes to take, remember the time schedule formula: 1 credit hour = 2 hours of outside study time per week, not including class time. That means that a 3-credit class will take at least 9 hours of your time per week in a standard 16-week class.
- If you choose to wait until the last minute to register for classes (fewer than 35 days from the class start date or fewer than 10 days at Rio Salado), be aware that you will have to pay your tuition and fees on the same day that you register.
- Use the Advanced Search option of “Find a Class” to search for specific courses.
Deadlines and Details
- New to college students pursuing a degree, certificate, or transfer program are required to attend New Student Orientation AND meet with and academic advisor prior to registering for courses
- Students are required to take placement exams unless proof is provided to an academic advisor of having met the requirement or a prerequisite at another institution.
- Students whose placements exams indicate Developmental English, Reading, and/or Math are required to enroll in a College Success Course. Students who have been placed in developmental course should enroll in at least one developmental course their first semester.
- Don’t wait too long to register. Maricopa colleges have a no late registration policy - you may not be able to register for a class after it meets for the first time.