Congratulations! You have achieved a major educational goal and graduation is a celebration of your accomplishments. As the big day is drawing near, there are several steps to take in order to graduate on time and participate in the commencement ceremony.
- If your college requires it, request official transcripts and ask that they be evaluated and posted to your current college record. If you took classes at another university, two-year college, or any other Maricopa Community College, verify that the courses are applied toward your degree.
- Meet with your college advisor to review your academic record and transferred coursework, if applicable. Confirm that you have completed all requirements for the degree and/or certificate OR that you are enrolled in coursework that will be complete within six weeks of commencement.
- Apply/petition for graduation at your college's Admissions and Records office and submit a completed check sheet for your degree and/or certificate with your application.
Please Note: You cannot participate in graduation if you do not submit your application on time.
Participating in Commencement
- Pay commencement fee (if you plan on attending)
- Order cap, gown, and/or announcements (optional)
- Please note that this is not the same at all campuses
- Pick up cap, gown, and announcements
- There is no cost to apply for graduation. However, be sure you have no outstanding balances, fees, or traffic fines before you submit your graduation application. Any debts within the Maricopa Community Colleges must be cleared before a degree/certificate will be awarded.
- Diploma covers are included in the $25 graduation fee. For more information, refer to the Maricopa Community College District Adopted Tuition and Fee Schedule.
- Commencement Fee: $25 (If you are attending commencement, fee includes cap and gown, honor cords, degree or certificate cover, and five announcements).
Participating in Convocations
We offer additional celebratory events for you as a graduate known as Convocations. The convocations offer a more intimate and community-based identification experience. All Maricopa Community College graduates, their friends and families, and all employees are invited to attend any of the Convocation ceremonies. Join us as we celebrate student diversity. We offer the following convocations:
- Asia Pacific Islanders
- African American
- Native American
What Are Cultural Convocations?
Maricopa has a proud tradition of offering you the opportunity to celebrate graduation through culturally focused Convocations. These smaller, more intimate events are cultural celebrations are an affirmation to our inclusive support and reach out to families and friends in a meaningful way.