If you have a name you prefer to go by that is different from your given name, you can easily update your “Preferred Name” from the Student Center in the Student Information System (SIS). Follow the instructions below to update your preferred name.
1. Go to My.maricopa.edu
2. Click on the Student Center icon
3. You will be directed to the SIS Login page. Enter your MEID and current password, then click the Sign In button.
4. Locate the Personal Information heading in your Student Center. Click on the Demographic Data hyperlink.
5. Click on the Names tab located on the horizontal navigation bar. The Names page will display any names that you have listed in the system. Your given or legal name which you used when you applied for admission will show up as the Primary name type.
If you do not have a preferred name listed, follow the steps below.
1. Click the Add a New Name button to add a preferred name.
2. On the Add a new name screen, select “Preferred” from the Name Type drop-down menu.
3. If desired, select the prefix that will appear before your name from the Prefix drop-down menu.
4. Enter your preferred first name in the First Name field. You may do the same for your middle name and last name in their respective fields.
5. If desired, select the suffix that will appear after your name from the Suffix drop-down menu.
6. Adjust the date in the Date new name will take effect field as needed.
7. Click the Save button. Your preferred name will now show up in SIS and on your faculty members’ rosters beginning the date you requested.
If you already have a preferred name listed that you would like to edit, follow the steps below.
1. Click the Edit button next to your current preferred name on the Names screen.
2. On the Change name screen, add or edit any details in the available fields.
3. Click the Save button. Your preferred name will now show up in SIS and on your faculty members’ rosters beginning the date you requested.