Third Party Authorizations

A Third Party Tuition Authorization (TA) is a written document notifying your college that an outside organization or agency (third party) will pay part or all of a student’s tuition and fees. In the event the organization/agency does not provide payment for the authorized amount, the balance will be the student’s responsibility. 

  • TA Initiated by the Student
    • TAs initiated by a student require the student to provide an authorization letter from the third party with the below requirements to Student Financial Services by their course due date.
  • TA Submitted by an External Organization or Agency
    • TAs submitted by an outside organization or agency will coordinate with Student Financial Services to complete the TA process. Student Financial Services at the college of attendance will process the TA for the individual students enrolled in the specified course(s) upon receipt of the TA.
  • Military TA 
    • A Military Tuition Authorization (MTA) submitted by the student must be received by Student Financial Services. Student Financial Services at the college of attendance will process the MTA for payment of tuition upon receiving the document from the student. Student is responsible for paying registration and course fees at time of submission.


Tuition Authorization Process:
  1. TA received, verified and remaining uncovered balance of tuition/fees is paid by student.
  2. Account noted that Third Party will be paying on the student account.
  3. Student enrollment will be protected from being dropped for non-payment.
  4. Student Financial Services at the college of attendance will complete the transaction that moves the charges from a student’s account onto the third party’s corporate account. Students can confirm this has occurred by viewing the student center. Once this has been processed, the Account Statement will have a payment that states “Bill to Agency”.
  5. Invoice will be submitted to Third Party from our District Office. Invoices are mailed at the beginning of the month for current terms. TAs received for future terms are sent the first month of the semester, unless requested by the Third Party agency or student.

Please Note: A balance may still appear in the “Amount Due” section of the Student Center until processing of the TA by Student Financial Services is complete. 


Third Party Tuition Authorization Requirements

To set up a Third Party Authorization Agreement, you must submit a complete Authorization document, which includes ALL of the following information:

  • Letter must be on official company letterhead.
  • Course(s) to be paid or a specific dollar amount limit.
  • Specific billing requirements (e.g. tuition only, tuition and registration fee only, tuition and all fees).
  • First name, last name and student ID number for each student covered.
  • Billing priority in the event the student receives other financial assistance (grants, scholarships, or loans).
  • Contact person's name and telephone number.
  • Original signature from the authorizing party.
  • Billing address to invoice the third party.


Submit Authorizations to Student Financial Services:

Tuition Authorizations can be submitted to Student Financial Services at your college via one of the following:

  • In-person
  • Encrypted Email
  • Fax

To find the location, email, or fax for the Student Financial Services at the college you will be attending, click on the college specific located in the right navigation bar. For additional questions, please contact your college’s Student Financial Services.