- All students who officially withdraw from their college or individual classes may receive a refund based on the MCCCD Official Refund Schedule. Deadlines that fall on a weekend or a college holiday will advance to the next college workday.
- Refunds for students receiving federal financial assistance are subject to federal guidelines.
- All refunds and deposits that may be due to a student will first be applied to debts that the student owes the college. Course fees are refundable only if the student qualifies for a 100% refund.
- When federal financial aid is used to pay for tuition fees, the refund may be returned to the federal fund and not to the student.
- Please Note: Stopping payment on your check payment does not constitute official withdrawal, and will result in additional fees and collection costs.
How to Obtain a Refund
- You must officially drop or withdraw from classes during the appropriate refund period in order to be eligible for a refund. View the refund schedule here. You can do this online via your Online Student Center or in-person at your college’s Admissions, Records and Registration Office.
- Once you have officially dropped or withdrawn from classes and if you are eligible for a refund, you must contact Student Financial Services at your college to receive your refund.
If you paid in Cash, Check or through the Payment Plan
Request your refund via phone by calling (480) 731-8800 or in-person at your college’s Student Financial Services. The refund will be processed through the Maricopa Student Refund Program (MSRP).
Money Network® processes all electronic student refunds for MSRP. To ensure you receive your refund electronically, you will need to enroll with Money Network® at my.maricopa.edu/msrp.
You will also need to select your option for receiving your electronic refund:
- Direct deposit (ACH) transfer to your bank account.
- The Maricopa ONE Card (prepaid Discover® Card)
- Review the cardholder agreement before making your choice.
Note: To change your existing refund method contact MoneyNetwork at (800) 822-4283.
Paper checks are available for students who do not select any of the above options. Checks may take up to 7-10 days to receive and will be mailed to the address listed in your Online Student Center. Paper checks are mailed via the US Postal Service, and delays may occur as a result.
If you paid by Credit Card
You may request your refund by phone at (480) 731-8800 or in person. Credit card refunds are processed to the original credit card.