Cashiers and Student Financial Services

Student Financial Services provides students with several payment options and can answer any questions concerning tuition and fee charges, payments, or refunds. We accept payments in person, by telephone, or by mail. Payments made by telephone will require a credit/debit card, and for payments sent by mail will require a check or money order. 

Tuition and fees are due at the time of registration or by the specified due date for the class. The $15 registration fee and any associated class fees must be paid by their respective due dates.Tuition due dates can be found in your Student Center. Please be aware that you may be dropped from your classes for non-payment if your tuition payment is not received by the corresponding due date.

Our Cashiers' offices offer a variety of services to you. They can help you with payment options, refunds, tuition and fees payments, third party payment methods, payment plans, tuition waivers and much more.

For details about locations, hours of operation, tuition, fee payment options, and mailing address, click on the link for the Student Financial Services on your campus.

Cashiers FAQ

1. What is the difference between a withdraw and a drop?

A withdraw from class(es) is after the refund deadline and is NON refundable. A drop from class(es), is when you are dropped by the refund date and IS refundable. There may be a withdraw date on your syllabus, but it may NOT be your refund date. Please be sure to check your student center through my.maricopa.edu to review your refund dates.

2. When is my deadline to drop and still get a full refund?

Use the account inquiry in your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu to select your term and the college of attendance. Then click on the printer icon to view your statement. The last column of the statement lists your refund deadline. This is your deadline to drop classes in order to not be financially responsible.

3. Do I set up a payment plan through the Cashiers Office?

No. Payment plans are set up online through your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu. After you log in, select “My payment options/manage my payment plan,” to set up a payment plan.

4. If I drop a class that I paid for myself, will my refund be automatically mailed to me?

No. If a tuition payment is made by cash, check, or credit card, you will need to contact the Cashier’s Office to request the refund. Credit card payments will be refunded back to the same card that was used. All other refund methods will be refunded through the Maricopa Student Refund Program (MSRO) using Money Network. You may enroll with Money Network to set your refund preference. If no selection is made, a paper check will be mailed to you.

5. I have applied for Financial Aid and see that there is anticipated aid on my account. Does that mean my refund is on its way?

No. If you are viewing your student account and see that you still have a balance, then the aid has not been released yet. The Cashier’s Office does not have access to release financial aid funds.

6. Can the Cashiers Office tell me if/when my transcripts were sent out?

No. Even though we process payments for transcript requests, we do not have the access to view when or if transcripts are sent. You will need to follow up with your Registration and Records department at your college.

7. Can I stop the payment plan from taking payments from my account?

Unfortunately there is not a way to ‘stop’ the payment plan once it is established. It will remain active for the entire semester. Any changes to your student account throughout the semester could change the terms. Please be sure to read through the payment plan’s final review and the terms and conditions before you finalize your agreement.

8. I dropped my classes within the deadline posted on my Student Center to receive a refund, but there is no credit on my account. Don’t I qualify for a refund?

Most likely you have chosen to accelerate your class(es) to the 8-week option, where your refund deadline changes. The deadline on your Student Center may not reflect the correct deadline date. If your classes are an 8-week option, you typically have 3 calendar days to qualify for a refund. Contact the college to verify your drop date.

9. I dropped my classes within the deadline posted on my Student Center to receive a refund, but there is no credit on my account. Don’t I qualify for a refund?