- Gmail is the official email provider for all Maricopa students, faculty and staff.
- The preferred browser for Gmail is Chrome.
- For general email topics; e.g., forwarding, official district/college email, see below.
These email services are available to all students, faculty and staff, except where noted,
Google Tools is the official Maricopa Community College email system.
- This is the email account to which all official Maricopa communications are sent.
- Your email address is in this format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Popular Gmail features
Gmail on your mobile device
- For easiest access, download the Gmail App from your mobile service provider.
- Syncing between the Web and your devices. See Sync your mail, contacts, calendar and more and choose the Gmail link.
- Using Filters in Gmail
- How to set up Gmail delegation (YouTube video 2:34)
- Out-of-Office or Vacation Reply (Automated Reply, Vacation Responder).
Gmail Recommended Settings
When you first log in to your Gmail account, the appearance of the Gmail interface is its default.. There are many settings that you can customize to match your own preferences. Several of the main settings are described below, and, where appropriate, suggested changes based on customer feedback have been included.
In addition to settings that you can customize, there are also Gmail Labs that can be enabled. These labs are experimental features that have not been fully incorporated into the Gmail product. Several useful labs are discussed below.
For more general information on how to use Gmail, please see the G Suite Learning Center: Gmail.
To change your mail settings click on the Options link (denoted by a gear) in the upper right hand corner and choose Mail Settings. You will have a list of categories (tabs) across the top of your screen (discussed further below).