Student Testing and Assessment Centers provide academic and vocational testing to help students accomplish their educational goals.
Placement tests are simply a tool to help you enroll in the most suitable courses. Placement testing is required for English, Math, and Reading. You may retake the placement test for English, Reading, or Math once (after a 24 hour waiting period). It is important, however, to prepare properly and do your best on the test from the start.Please Note: You can only have three valid scores in the system within a two year time period. For example, if you took a test today, you could retest tomorrow, but for the third test, you would need to wait for at least three months from the first attempt date. After that, if you needed to retest, you would have to wait for the first score to expire.
New students should plan on taking placement tests before seeing an academic advisor. There is no charge to take a placement test.
Taking a Placement Test
- You will need valid and current picture identification
- Includes students under the age of 18
- Must be an original ID (not a photocopy or reproduction)
- Your MCCCD Student ID number (this is an 8-digit number that begins with the number "3")
The following types of photo identification will be accepted:
- A current, valid, state-issued driver’s license or state-issued identification card
- A United States passport or passport card (current)
- A United States military ID card (active duty, reserve, and retired)
- International passport
- Matricula Consular
- Other international government identification
- Arizona learner’s permit
- Permanent resident ID
- Tribal ID
- Employment authorization
- School ID (current school year)
Check with your specific college to confirm locations, testing dates/times, and local testing regulations.